Sunday, August 10, 2014

~ Advanced Housing ~


~ We wizards currently live in a time in the Spiral where we have the ability to create our own Castles. And no I don't mean decorating them, I mean literally creating them. Using Castle Blocks we have the freedom to make massive dungeons, grand gardens with an estate overlooking them, and even towering. . .well towers. But, what if I said we might be able to expand beyond just decorating and using Castle Blocks to create our dream Castles? What if I said that there are ways to make Castles more exciting for your guests? Well, don't just sit there! Click the "read more" to see all my ideas on how housing can become even more exciting! ~


~ Umbra’s Extended Post Note ~


 
 ~ ‘Allo readers of young and old. Upon clicking the “Read More” icon you were transfered here to another page so that you could view one of our Extend Posts. So read on and I hope you enjoy what you read! ~



Seconday Note: Before you read on I'd like to apologize for not posting the second half of the Aquila post. I have intentions to do so but I'm not sure when.

 

~ Timing the Weather ~

 

 ~ Since I can remember wizards have constantly asked for a weather system as well as a day-and-night cycle. And each time we've asked we've been denied this common request. But! What if there was a way to create a way for wizards to have a weather system and a day-and-night system outside of the Worlds of the Spiral? If you haven't figured it out yet I'm talking about introducing a system. . . actually. Not just a system but a whole new way of looking at the Spiral without leaving the comfort of your own home. Here's what I'm suggesting. ~

Weather-o'-Matic
 ~ Based on the concept of Music Boxes and Music Scrolls as well as the Snow Globe housing item. I believe that KingsIsle could create a new set of housing items. The first item that I'd like to introduce is a little item I named called the Weather-o'-Matic. Basically it's this funky looking device created to control the time, seasons, and weather of one's house. It can only be used by the owner of the house and it can only be placed outside. ~

 ~ In order to use it the owner must be in decorating mode and they need to click on the Weather-o'-Matic. When they do this a third icon will appear between the move and rotate options just like with the Music Player. Once  they click the icon a menu will appear with three tabs on the top. The first two tabs will have preset settings unlike the third one which I'll talk about soon. So basically the first tab will be for selecting a time of day. The times of day will consist of:

Morning/Dawn
 Noon
 Afternoon
 Evening/Dusk
Nighttime



 ~ And the next tab will be for Seasons. Each season will change the pre-existing natural ambient to match the selected season. In Spring the house will be blooming with flowers and butterflies and many other iconic Spring effects. Than there's Summer which will change the season of the house to a rather peaceful time of year. The sun in the sky will be a bit brighter and the greenery will be much darker. Second to last the season Fall will change all of the greenery to fall colours and as well the sun will begin to dim and leaves will fall from the sky and pile up in areas of the house only to be blown away by the wind in a minute or two. And if you have any trees I suppose it might be ideal to have apples hang from them. Lastly, Winter will involve the sun to be dim and small sprinkles of snow to fall from the sky. As well the ground will be completely covered in snow, the trees bare, and snow to pile up in areas of the house only to once again be blown away in a minute or two. ~

~ Showcase Attempt of the MeteorShower ~
 ~ Finally I'd like to introduce my idea for how to introduce weather. Basically throughout various bosses in the Spiral wizards will have a chance to obtain Globes from them. These Globes can then be placed inside the Weather-o'-Matic and interacted with in the third tab. Upon clicking one of the Globes a type of weather will stir in the skies and take effect in the house. The following list is the type of weathers that I think could be introduced:

  •  Thunderstorm: The Thunderstorm Globe stirs up black clouds that cancels out the current sky and darkens the house pouring rain about the earth and causing lighting to flash in the sky followed by the sound of thunder. 
  •  Snowstorm: The Snowstorm Globe causes the house to become completely blanketed in snow. A "foot" of snow will cover the grounds and snow will fall from the sky at an endless rate until the globe is shut off or taken out. 
  •  Windstorm: The Windstorm Globe simply causes clouds to appear overhead and rush by while having their shadows float across the floor at a quick pace. As well swirls of wind will be visible to add that extra special effect.
  •  Sandstorm: The Sandstorm Globe is just what you think it is. Sand blows across the fields of the estate and covers the floor in a thin layer of sand.
  • Fog: The Fog Globe causes a thick layer of fog to appear on the grounds of the castle which will be extremely useful if you're trying to throw that perfect Halloween party.
  • Falling Flowers: The Falling Flowers Globe is a basic type of Globe. It makes petals and leaves fall from the sky landing in bodies of water to float as well as across the grass and dirt to pile up to only blow away in a minute or two.
Wind Globe
  •  Meteor Shower: The Meteor Shower Globe is much like the raining comet shards that you encounter at the end of Azteca. The house sky is exchanged with the dark ominous Aztecan sky and shards will fall from the sky breaking up upon contact with the ground.

 ~ I'm dying to. . . DYE MY FURNITURE! ~

 

 ~ Just like what the titles says I'M DYING TO DYE MY FURNITURE! What do I mean be that exactly? Well as we're all aware there's various chairs, flooring, wallpapers, rugs, tables, etc. that don't exactly fit in with the colour scheme of the room. Thus I think it would be ideal to place a vendor ((I'll explain where this vendor will be at the end of this post.)) in the Spiral who will allow the player to dye their furniture using some new colours as well as olde colours from the Dye Shoppe in Wizard City at an appropriate cost. The item will then have an updated name based on the colour it was dyed. For example the Large Spiral Rug would be named "Large Spiral Rug (Blue)" or "Large Spiral Rug (Green)". The colour of the item will be placed in parenthesis to identify what colour it is. Of course there will be a few items that can't be dyed, but since there's so many I'll name a few. One of these items would be Plant Life and Wall Hanging items. As well as most Items such as the "Frozen Wolf Warrior" and statue items. However, being able to dye rugs such as the Large Spiral Rug would be nice. And before I forget! Upon selling these items at the Bazaar their colours will be set back to their original colouring. Now, onto the next topic. ~ 

Large Spiral Rug (Original)
Large Spiral Rug (Purple)



 ~ Mastering the Musical Arts ~

 

 ~ Unlike my past two topics this one will be very short. Basically I'd like to see KingsIsle introduce more Music Boxes ((Possibly ones with animations?)) that are based on a World upon which they can be found bought. For example, image a complex metal Marleybonian Music Box or a blue crystalline Celestian Music Box. ~

 ~ Building More Castle Blocks and Castles  ~


~ Now this topic seems pointless to write since we're already all aware that the introduction of the Arcane Bundles was only the foundation or start when it came to creating our own dream Castles. But I'm still going to type out this topic to tell you all some things I'd like to be changed and what I'd like to be introduced. ~

~ First off, we're currently limited on possible glitches with Castle Blocks in game. And this upsets me because it sort of limits the possibilities that we can perform with these Castle Blocks. I myself wanted to create a towering house above the hole of my Meadows
Castle Blocks
at Dusk but since I can't place a flooring on any of the rugs or platforms I have to stall the procedure. But this change that I'd like to see happen is probably coming as we further dive into the adventures of using Castle Blocks to build our castles. I think that KingsIsle just isn't fully capable of allowing us to glitch all of the Castle Blocks even though it may appear that we can and they just wont let us. ~

~ Secondly, I would like to be able to choose any of the three Arcane Castles from the Arcane Bundle. I don't want to spend a good $120 just to get my favored Night Gardens. But KingsIsle is stubbornly refusing to allow us to do so. Greyrose originally stated
that we weren't allowed to do so because of issues with marketing and the way the Castle Blocks were given out amongst the three Castles. But now that we can purchase the recipes for the Castle Blocks and easily craft them I don't see much of an issue in letting us do so. ~

~ And before I conclude this topic I'd like to talk about three Castle Blocks that I'd like to see. The first one would be a Castle Block tile but on one of its sides there's a square slit missing in the center which allows stairs to be placed in between. The last two is a Spiral Staircase Castle Block and a Curved Staircase Castle Block. ~

~ Lastly, this is something that I'd generally like to see in Wizard101. I'm not sure what it could be called but allow me to explain what I'm talking about. ~
Spiral Staircase

~ I'd personally like to see a large land-plot styled with plant life to look like an enchanted forest that covers the sky and spirals around a massive snow capped mountain which is topped with a large Castle. And falling from the mountain is a waterfall. The sky itself would only be visible from the mountain and it would look very similar to the skies of Aquila except the sky would be darker and moonlit. To conclude by description. The castle at the top of the mountain would be made of Castle Blocks and its location covers a secret underground pathway that leads to the interior part of the house. ~

 

 

 

~ An Aquatic. . . Aquarium and a Pet Playground ~


~ The title is redundant, I know. But whatever. This topic is meant to talk about Fish Tanks and how I think we could expand on them. And not just Aquariums but for Pets too. ~
Fish and Pets

~ What I'd like to see in Wizard101 is a Fish Tank that allows us to host more than one fish. I'd also like to maybe be able to decorate the Fish Tank with decorations and maybe even feed the fish and in return we'll get a reward. But we can only do it once daily. As for the topic of Pets I think that it might be fun and cool to create a playground item that allows us to place our Pets inside so they can fun about and at the same time only taking up the spot of 1 item. And who knows, maybe in the future if we do get such an item we can expand on it so we have tubes like what Hamsters crawl about hanging about our houses and while we're drinking a cup of tea they'll run by. ~


~ Crafting on a Daily Basis ~


~ The title of this topic isn't probably what you're thinking about. What this topic is about is allowing wizards to craft items similar to the Fish Bowl and Tree House Nest. The recipes would only be for top-notch Crafters. They of course would require some of the rarest reagents and fish to make. And will only be accessible by the owner and his or her friends. These items wouldn't be the exact Fish Bowl or Tree House Nest but new items alike that will allow wizards receive a daily reward. ~

 

~ The Ideal Path ~


Pathway
~ I figured that since we can now use Castle Blocks to create floors I think it would be ideal to also allow us to place pathways outside. For example maybe we could have a paved street and sidewalk pathway so that there's a Marleybonian vibe to your Midday Estate or Massive Fantasy Palace. ~

 

~ Imagining the Possibilities ~


~ We don't have many underwater houses in Wizard101 or houses in the middle of oceans or in the "Outer Void" or above the trees and past the clouds and even high up in or on the mountains. And so I think it's time we see some. Personally I'd like to see an underwater Aquarium Castle where it comes with preset Fish Tanks that allow us to place our fish inside. ~

~ Green House Gardening ~


Ant Farm Entrance Concept
~ Don't worry, I'm almost done with this extremely long post. This topic focuses on Gardening and how I'd like to see an item that takes up very little space in the Item Count database. I'm thinking that it would be a Greenhouse/Ant Farm. I imagine an elevator much like the one in the Storm House. And upon interacting with it your wizard is brought to a complex maze like zone where there's gardening plots for plants and rakes and shovels for decor that you can't move. And even a small lake at the bottom of the maze. There would also be mini suns in each chamber that provide the sunlight and at the entrance/exit there would be a small chest where your wizard can place his or her seeds. ~


 ~ Are You Still Hanging Around? ~


~  Aside from the question this topic focuses on hanging items. What I mean by that is I'd like see items that hang from the ceiling such as chandeliers. These items would only be visible when not in decorating mode. But when in decorating mode the items will appear as a small shadow that can be on furniture that's already been placed. ~
  

~ Housing Arenas ~ 


 ~ Quite recently I've seen this topic come up. It appears that many wizards want arenas in their houses. But how would they obtain such items and how would they be placed? And with every suggestion I've seen I've seen a debate as well. Thus I'm going to give my input and I'd like to hear from you weather you agree with me or not. ~ 

David DarkShade's Massive Fantasy Palace Arena
~ Player vs Player or PvP is generally enjoyed by the hardcore players and even the peaceful average players. Thus I don't think it would be quite fair to force someone to PvP to obtain a PvP arena. But I do think it might be fair to say that if someone wants a PvP arena they should have to do the following.

1) Reach the Grandmaster Artisan Crafting rank and purchase the recipe from Diego for a total of 1300 tickets or 1300 Crowns.

Dueling Diego
2) Fish for 5 Samurai Fish, 3 Cranky Catfish, and obtain 40 Stone Block, 10 Sunstone, 5 Feint TC, and craft a Pavilion.

3) Travel to Dragonsypre and craft the Arena at the Crafting Station there.

4) Place the Arena which will appear as an archway in any of your houses. The archway will then create a small island decorated island in the skies of your house with an arena for the usage of any and all players. 

~ Advanced School and World Housing ~


~ Since KingsIsle introduced the ability to craft houses in the Morganthe Arc. I thought it would be ideal if they traveled back to the Malistaire Arc and brought forth new advanced School and World houses from the Malistaire arc. Basically I believe that for these houses KingsIsle can give them interactable items like that found in Pirate101's Class Houses as well as PvP Arenas to make them more exciting. To conclude I also think that KingsIsle should go back to many of the Morganthe Worlds and follow the tradition from the Malistiare Arc where each World has its own small and large Castle; that don't require crafting. An example would be to give Khrysalis a small Bastion themed Castle and a large Hive themed Castle.

~ Holiday Housing Items ~


~ We already have some holiday themed items but I think it's best we expand even further. KingsIsle should give some holiday themed items to the other holidays that we have in the Spiral while also creating some more for Yuletide and Halloween. ~

~ Sprucing up our Spiral Doors ~
Decorated Spiral Door


~ This idea is not originally mine, if anything I believe the credit should go to Kelsey FireHeart. She suggested that we could decorate or get new Spiral Doors with unique designs. One design that I'd like for a Spiral Door is a door placed inside a hollow tree. What are some of your ideal door designs? ~

 

~ Featuring New Features ~


Undo Arrow
~ Along with all of these new Housing Ideas I'd also like to have an ability similar to what Castle Blocks has where I can repeatedly place down multiple pieces of the same furniture until there's no more room, I click cancel, or until I run out of the furniture pieces. As well I want an undo button where I can undo any recent actions that I performed in my house at that time without having to manually pick up an item on the other side of the house. ~

 

~ Where In The Spiral Would This All Go? ~


 ~ Concluding this long post I'll end it with three other topics. This topic is meant to sum up all of the other topics. The main purpose is to give the ideal location for where most of these items can be found. And these locations are Grizzlehiem, Marleybone, and Wysteria. First of all, I believe that the purchase of some of these suggested furniture pieces could be found from Furniture Vendor in Wysteria. ((The vendor would only be available after Wysteria has been completed thus giving the players a motivation to complete Wysteria.)) As for Grizzlehiem, the vendor here will be the go-to-guy to dye all of your furniture. And lastly Marleybone's vendor would sell the Craftable School Housing recipes. ~

~ Something Is Coming ~

Recently on Twitter a KingsIsle employee tweeted something on twitter. I'll cite what he said "I'm spending the day going through new houses and writing bugs." If you'd like to check him out click his Twitter username @GaryScottSmith2.

 

 

 

 

 

~ Finally! The Conclusion! ~ 

 

~  What did you like out of all of my suggestions and do you have any of your own? Perhaps maybe you have a house you'd like to see or a new decoration or maybe you'd like to add onto a topic I already have. Or maybe even you disagree of some of the stuff I posted. So go ahead, tell me! I'd love to read your suggestions. ~

P.S In the comments tell me if there's a specific Housing Pack you'd like. I know I want a Wysterian Themed Housing Pack.




No comments:

Post a Comment