Tuesday, December 23, 2014

~ Getting Excited for Play2Crush ~




It was on January 25th, just last year when Todd J. Coleman announced he'd be leaving KingsIsle to pursue his own course. He had envisioned a new game, a game that will set high standards for future MMORPGs. And throughout the course of the year he's kept us updated with his progress. To the right of this paragraph you can see Coleman's "Mystery Artist" at work. 

Just the other day Coleman released the teaser site of his new game. And featured right on it is the moto of ArtCraft which you can view right here:


Where did we go wrong?

There was a time when our industry took CHANCES.
Our games didn’t have to appeal to everyone, and we didn’t judge ourselves solely on mass market success.
With amusement park games, it’s impossible to lose. With sandbox games, it’s impossible to win.
If you can’t win and you can’t lose, then. . .

What's the point of playing?

I don’t want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge.
I want to play a GAME, against PLAYERS where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose.
Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. Risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE.
Even if I lose, the experience won’t feel hollow. I don’t want another worthless trophy.




With the little link right above you can sign up for the Beta stage which will be here in only 63 days. So sign up, and Play2Crush! I hope to see you there! 
 




For more information on this check out Swordroll's Blog Post and MMORPG's News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment